What kind of Yoga?
The yoga that I practice and teach explores the classical postures (or asanas) of traditional Hatha yoga through the natural movements of each individual body. It is not about striving to attain and hold complex physical postures, but rather about learning to feel how your body needs to move today. The experience is at once both gentle and incredibly powerful. With time, this practice can have a profound effect on both physical and emotional wellbeing.
The approach is inspired by the work of Vanda Scaravelli who adapted the teachings of her teacher, Sri B.K.S. Iyengar, to address the impact of the modern, sedentary lifestyle on our Western bodies and posture. My own teacher, Jenny Beeken, also studied with Mr Iyengar early in her career, before founding the Inner Yoga Trust in 1993, the UK’s leading body for ‘Scaravelli Inspired’ yoga teacher training. I complete my three-year, 500-hour training with the IYT in August 2018.
Tuesdays: 11:45am – 1pm
- Yoga for Every Body: no previous experience necessary
- Venue: The Space, Petersfield Youth Theatre, 2a Heath Road, Petersfield, Hants. GU31 4DU
- Spring term 2018; 9th January – 27th March (half term: 13th February)
- Price: £8 per class or five classes for £35
Wednesdays: 11am – 12:30pm
- Yoga for Health
- This class will be run in collaboration with a colleague
- Venue: The Meeting Room, White Eagle Lodge, Brewells Lane, Rake, Hants. GU33 7HY
- Spring term 2018: 10th January – 28th March (half term: 14th February)
- Price: £110 per term (£50 first half; £60 2nd half) or £12 drop-in price
- Contact me to discuss one-off or regular 1:1 sessions
- Venue: Usually The Conservatory at my home in Petersfield, although I may be able to come to your home or workplace if preferred
- Price: £20 for 1 – 1.5 hours including practice sheet if required
Please contact me for more information, to book or arrange payment for a class or to arrange a 1:1 session.